How to follow a healthy and green diet
The reasons why it is important to eat well and in a healthy way are now known. Sometimes, however, daily and contemporary life leads us to consume quick and unhealthy meals, with consequences on weight and health.
He thought about the creation of valid tips for a healthy diet for the whole family Silvia Goggi, author of the book My family eats green (Edizioni Sonda, our city), who also wanted to explain how it is possible to direct children towards asupply green since they are very small.
We interviewed Silvia, who is a doctor, specialist in nutrition science and mother of two children, and she stressed, in fact, how important it is to offer children foods based on plant-based foods and lots of fruit and vegetables right away. To do this must be the parents, who are the first "nutritionists" of their children, and, from shopping to preparing the dishes, are directly responsible for the nutrition of those who still cannot choose.
In this article
- "My family eats green", a book on healthy eating
- Nutrition and children: the situation and data in Del Paese
- Where can you find the "green" and healthy nutrients?
- What should never be missing in a family pantry?
- 10 basic tips for eating well with the family
"My family eats green", a book on healthy eating
Dr. Goggi explained that the term "healthy eating" is now on everyone's lips, but few know what it really means.
«Does it mean to eat organic? Zero kilometer? No! It means basing one's diet mainly (or even better, exclusively) on foods of plant origin: cereals and derivatives, legumes, vegetables, fruit, oil seeds and dried fruit. This is the only way to truly fulfill the recommendations of the food guidelines for the population, namely that of introducing sufficient quantities of vitamins, fibers, complex carbohydrates, vegetable proteins and reducing the intake of cholesterol and saturated fats ".
Nutrition and children: the situation and data in Del Paese
“In Del Paese, the situation is far from rosy: 40% of children, that is more than 1 in 3 children, are overweight or obese. And certainly not his fault, since parents (and other caregivers in general) are responsible for the shopping and preparation of meals. They must learn to be the first "nutritionists" of their children. This is the precise idea from which this book is born ».
Read also: Feeding children, what they should eat from 3 years
Where can you find the "green" and healthy nutrients?
"It's easy: in the foods of plant origin! In fact, it is there that all the amino acids needed to build proteins are found, without, however, having to bear the cholesterol and saturated fats that characterize foods of animal origin. Vegetables alone contain molecules and protective substances for our health. Only vegetables contain complex carbohydrates, the fuel preferred by our cells. And fibers, moreover, the perfect feast for good intestinal bacteria, are a prerogative of the plant world only ".
What should never be missing in a family pantry?
"Whole grains of different types, pastes of different cereals, bread, legumes (also frozen and in jars if time is short), dried fruit and seeds of different types and the butters obtained from them, spices and aromatic herbs, and finally (but no less important!) a rainbow of fruit and vegetables! ».
10 basic tips for eating well with the family
Dr. Goggi has identified ten important tips to help today's families eat healthy diets and become a little greener. Here's what they are.
- "Eat all together, calmly and seated at the table. Children will learn to follow one healthy eating watching what you eat and imitating yourselves! ».
- "You only drink water. No sugary drinks or fruit juices in the fridge ».
- “At every meal there must be a source of complex carbohydrates, such as cereals, bread, potatoes or pasta ».
- «The vegetables must occupy at least one third - half of the plate (from 2 years upwards) ".
- "The fruit it is the first snack that must come to your mind! ».
- "They are used only extra virgin olive oil or flax seeds (the latter strictly raw) for cooking or dressing ».
- "The dried fruit and oil seeds they should not be consumed rarely but rather become part of everyday life ».
- «Cookies, fruit juices, snacks, sweets and the like they must not cross the threshold of the house ".
- "They eat them desserts (homemade or taken in a pastry / ice cream parlor) twice a week. Parents set a good example in this too! "
- «It is forbidden to force children to eat anything: at home there will be only healthy foods so, when hunger strikes, the choice will still fall on something useful ».
- green family feeding
- 3-5 children years