From anti-diphtheria to anti-chickenpox, passing through those against polio, tetanus, pertussis, measles meningococcus B and C, and more: they are 12 vaccinations made mandatory in Del Paese by a law decree that has just entered into force. And the question arises: how many injections are needed for all these vaccinations?
Let's face it: 12 vaccinations doesn't mean 12 shots, because many vaccines are polyvalent, that is, they protect against several infectious agents at the same time. And then the 12 vaccinations of the decree are reduced to 4 injections (at most 5):
- hexavalent against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, hepatitis B, poliomyelitis, Haemophilus influenzae B: 1 sting;
- anti-meningococcal B: 1 puncture;
- anti-meningococcus C: 1 puncture;
- tetravalent against measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox: 1 sting. Attention: instead of the tetravalent, it can also be used as a trivalent against measles, mumps and rubella, plus antivaricella. In this case the bites go up to two.
However, each of these vaccinations must be repeated several times (the famous calls), to achieve the maximum possible protection. The timing of the various vaccinations is dictated by the calendar of the National Vaccination Plan:
- hexavalent: three doses at three, five and 11 months. At the age of 6 and in adolescence, a recall is made for some components of the hexavalent: diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (trivalent vaccine, a sting) and poliomyelitis (a sting).
- Meningococcus B: four doses at three, four, six and 13 months. If the vaccination is started later, two or three doses may be enough (but it is good to start it before six months of age because newborns and infants are a higher risk category):
- Meningococcus C: a dose between 13 and 15 months plus a booster in adolescence (also with tetravalent vaccine, against strains C, A, W and Y);
- tetravalent MPRV: one dose between 13 and 15 months plus a booster at 6 years.
Watch the video explaining mandatory vaccinations in under two and a half minutes
- vaccinations for children
- 1-2 children years