Is it possible to recognize a pregnancy before the menstrual cycle? What are the symptoms, the signs, of a successful conception? Between pains, breast tension, acne, fatigue, mood swings, how do you manage when the hope of a positive pregnancy test is around the corner and you have been looking for a baby for a while?
First of all: let's put our hearts in peace. Symptoms of pregnancy vary a lot from woman to woman and even from pregnancy to pregnancy: some may experience all the common symptoms, others only a few symptoms, and still others may feel nothing. The first, very real sign of a probable pregnancy on the way is however amenorrhea, the leap cycle. Second step to rest assured? Take a pregnancy test. Unfortunately, the signs of a new pregnancy are very similar to premenstrual symptoms.Read also: When the first symptoms of a pregnancy appear
But what are the signs that could indicate a pregnancy even before amenorrhea? The first signs are: plant leaks, the fatigue sensitivity to odors and nausea.
Let's find out in detail.
- Slight bleeding, as early as one to two weeks after conception. They could be losses from implantation of the embryo in the uterus and are not to be confused with menstruation (premenstrual spotting) because they last less and are lighter in color.
- Nausea or vomiting. It is one of the most typical symptoms and can appear between 2 and 8 weeks after conception, to continue throughout the pregnancy. It does not apply to all women and the absence of nausea cannot be taken as a sign of non-pregnancy.
- FatigueSome women feel tired even before menstruation, but the phenomenon is very pronounced in the first weeks of pregnancy, due to hormones.
- Hunger, deso or aversion to certain foods, sensitivity to odors. A sharp increase in hunger and the deso of some foods in particular can also occur before menstruation.
Not having these symptoms does not mean that you are not pregnant: when your period is delayed, to be on the safe side, take the pregnancy test anyway.
According to the Mother & Baby experts who have crossed different searches to arrive at a list of 17 early pregnancy signs, identifying some of these changes in your body can be quite emblematic. These are the most common ones:
- menstrual cycle delay
- small leaks or spotting
- more intense urge to pee
- nipple change
- bleeding gums
- whitish vaginal discharge
- hunger more understood
- Hyperosmia gravidarum (hypersensitivity to odors)
- Pelvic pain in the ovary area they could occur both if there is a pregnancy and just before menstruation.
- More sensitive or swollen breasts or nipples Due to the hormonal changes taking place (both during pregnancy and just before menstruation), the breasts can feel more plump, swollen and heavy, or even sore in some places.
- Unstable mood and irritability.
Sources for this article: sito web webmd.com, National Health Service (NHS), National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).
- test for pregnancy signals
- pregnancy symptoms
- first weeks of pregnancy