The Minister of Education, Valeria Fedeli, signed the decree that establishes the rules for participating in the experimentation, reserved for high schools and technical institutes both state and equal, relating to the high school "short", Only four years old.
A decision that, assures the minister, was not made "to save a little" (Il Sole 24 Ore has however calculated that, if the four-year path were adopted by all high schools, about 1,38 billion EUR).
In fact, the opposite would be true: "We are faced with an investment and innovation that can help the new generations to successfully face the challenges of today and tomorrow".
WHAT THE DECREE PROVIDES FOR
Thus, theschool year 2022-2022 will 100 le classes which will allow students to take the maturity at 18 years, a year earlier than expected today. Applications can be submitted by schools, a exclusion of professional institutes, at the Miur for the entire month of September.
The questions will then be evaluated by a specific Technical Commission. In particular, the most innovative proposals will be taken into consideration, which will stand out for the articulation and remodeling of study plans, the use of technologies and laboratory activities in teaching and the use of the Clil methodology, i.e. the study of a discipline. in a foreign language. Other parameters that will be taken into consideration will be: the instruments of continuity and orientation with the lower secondary school; the job's world; professional associations; the University; and non-academic tertiary courses.
The experimentation will then be followed by a national scientific committee which will evaluate the progress of the innovation plan and will produce an annual report which will be sent to the Higher Council of Public Education. At the same time, regional scientific committees will be set up which will be responsible for evaluating the results of the experimentation, from year to year, to be sent to the national scientific committee.
WHERE THE EXPERIMENTATION COMES FROM
HOW THE SHORT HIGH SCHOOL WORKS
Let's see, in detail, what are the rules envisaged for the four-year course, which can be applied by high schools and technical institutes, but not professional ones.
1. Hours of teaching
"short" high school
4. The formative creditsRead also: 5 games for back to school
HIGH SCHOOLS OF 4 YEARS: THE ADVANTAGES
- many argue that one of the advantages of doing one year less is that of arriving a year earlier at the university or in the world of work, as is already the case in many European countries;
- "Then the team spirit increases among the young people who are called to work together" highlights Salvatore Giuliano, principal of the Majorana comprehensive school in Brindisi;
- "There is more autonomy for students who can decide their study times and then undergo checks on the results obtained once they return to class" continues Giuliano;
- "The new teaching method uses all possible IT tools and asks students to produce digital content" he concludes.
HIGH SCHOOLS OF 4 YEARS: THE DISADVANTAGES
HIGH SCHOOLS OF 4 YEARS: THE DISADVANTAGES
- others argue that it is possible that students suffer from organizational shortcomings, especially if "the school that is proposed for experimentation has not already started a renewal of the teaching method" warns the principal Salvatore Giuliano;
- a course of four years instead of five then risks being too heavy for the students, without allowing them a correct assimilation of the concepts;
- even the unions disagree: the criticism concerns the usefulness of the experiment in progress which appears to be too limited; as well as the method of selecting institutions that would favor better results. In addition, there are fears of cuts to teachers.
THE RIGHT CHOICE
«Generally speaking, I believe that this new opportunity presents itself pros and cons: the first impression is that there are no real advantages in doing one year less at school, given that we live on average up to 80-90 years and that the world of work is so varied that it cannot be said with certainty that one year Less at school will lead to a sure competitive advantage over those who do an extra year »comments Susanna Mantovani, Honorary Professor of General and Social Pedagogy at the University of our city-Bicocca.
At the same time, however, there is no shortage of opportunities: «Sometimes the children are tired of going to school. So, I feel like saying that if the choice to do a four-year path it's the boy's or the girl, and not the outcome of adult pressure on him, can also be an asset. One year less could in fact allow young people to do what interests them first, from a particular course of study to entering the world of work. Or, it can represent the possibility of taking a sabbatical year, perhaps abroad, useful for professional training ».
- children at school
- high school
- high school short