The learning tower
One of the basic principles of the Montessori method is to teach the child to do as much as possible by himself in order to become, as he grows, more and more independent.
It is an essential gym for learning autonomy imitating mom and dad in daily chores, especially those that take place in the kitchen: peel a carrot, cut a courgette, wash the salad, set the table ...
By the way, these activities are not only very useful for autonomy, but also for develop dexterity, fine motor skills and to improve the cognitive abilities of children.
(See also what are the best Montessori-style furniture for children)
Therefore it is very important that parents encourage the child's natural desire to do small housework. Often, however, there are objective impediments: the child does not reach the sink, the table is too high, standing on the chair is dangerous ... and so we prefer to avoid having him do it, losing an important opportunity for growth.20 PHOTOS
Montessori: 20 activities to do in the kitchen with childrengo to the gallery
Cooking is one of the practical activities considered by the pedagogist Maria Montessori to be very important for the development of the child. Cut a fruit, prepare a juice, wash ...
That's why the Learning Tower was born. It has become very fashionable in the United States and Canada in recent years, it is a practical tool to help children reach places in the house that otherwise would be out of their reach and allows them to observe, play and experience the world at the height of adults.
How it is made?
In practice it is a ladder with a safety railing on top which prevents the baby from falling. Also it must be light, the material should be wood, so that the little one can move it by himself.
The tower can be used already from 18 months upwards. And you can buy it on the Internet or build it by following one of the tutorials found on the web.
And it must always be used under surveillance of a great.11 PHOTOS
10 practical Montessori activities from 18 months upwardsgo to the gallery
At the basis of Montessori pedagogy there is the idea that we must help the child on his path towards autonomy. It is therefore useful to start immediately to get used to the ...
To learn more
- the Montessori method explained from A to Z
- the complete guide on the Montessori method
- who was Maria Montessori
- Montessori activities for children
- take off the Montessori style nappy
- how to educate the child according to the Montessori method
- Steiner school and Montessori method compared
- how to develop language according to the Montessori method
- promote autonomy according to the Montessori method
- how to teach to put in order according to the Montessori method
- how to transform the house according to the Montessori method
- how to bring the Montessori method into your home
- how to celebrate a birthday according to the Montessori method
- how to promote inclusion according to the Montessori method
- Christmas according to Montessori
- Montessori books
- montessori method
- 1-2 children years