How to make children love vegetables
"Do you have any advice for making children eat fruit and vegetables? Keep in mind that mothers usually have little time ... "Asks a mother from our community. There were a lot of answers and advice. Here are a few:
- CHIARA: "We started letting him taste what we had on his plate, seeing him intrigued. Weaning (if done right and the family eats well) helps a lot in this. Now he appreciates fruit and vegetables! Broccoli too. call 'saplings' ".
- STELLA: "We must set a good example. If we are the first to turn up their noses when we find ourselves in front of a nice plate of vegetables, why shouldn't they do the same? ".
- CRISROS: "To make me swallow the We offered Alice peas to her skewered on a toothpick to make the matter more playful .. "
- GOMEZ: "Lentils bring money. When I was a child my mom used to hide around the house some 100 lire coins and if we ran out of all the pot then the treasure hunt began! This is why today I am filthy rich! "
- IAIA: "A very creative friend builds with the pieces of fruit or vegetables a face, a sun, a flower. It seems to work ".
- MARGRETE: "A solution could be let them choose them and also help you cook them, maybe they get more into it. However, it is hard when they are young, but it is a passing problem. Now my parents eat everything, except spinach (him) and fennel (her), but it doesn't matter, you know that tastes change with age. I didn't like tomatoes and now I love them! "
- ALESSANDRA: "Try the cook vegetables differently: courgette sticks, meatballs with carrots and potatoes, etc. Maybe you find something they particularly like. "
- SIMONETTA: "Do it buy, wash, cut. Maybe he will see it differently ".
- SABRINA: "Try to do gardening together. Carrots, courgettes and tomatoes grown in our own garden have a completely different flavor ".
- ENRICA: "Don't force him but be constant in repurposing the vegetables also cook in different ways. I had read somewhere a study that said that children have to try a food up to 10 times to make them like it ... "
Vegetables in children's nutrition and other tips
THE ADVICE OF mymodernparents.com (IN COLLABORATION WITH FOCUS PICO)
EAT YOU TOO. If mom and dad show they appreciate them, it is easier for the child to love them too.
HEALTH BUT NOT TOO MUCH. Talk to him about the health aspect but without exaggerating, you could have the opposite effect: the child may reject the vegetables because he is annoyed or bored by the explanations or because he enjoys transgressing.
USE IT AS A MAIN COURSE. Maybe replacing the first with a nice plate of vegetables. Or preparing pasta with aubergines, broccoli, tops, peppers ... The side dish is perceived as a secondary dish, which can be done without.
REMEMBER THE PINZIMONIO. Children like to see the bright colors of vegetables on the table and enjoy dipping them in oil. Furthermore, if eaten raw, vegetables retain their precious vitamins. Offer the children a raw, clean carrot to eat as a snack. (by Laura Fezzi)
Read also The healthy child eats like this
Recipes for children with hidden vegetables
What to cook for your children who do not like vegetables to make sure that they eat at least a little?
These recipes are healthy and with hidden vegetables. We propose two of them.
- Meatloaf of spinach and baked meat: prepare the meatloaf as you are used to but add 1/3 of the already blanched spinach to the meat mixture
- Salmon and zucchini burger: Ingredients for 6 burgers. 200 g of courgettes, 500 g of fresh or frozen skinless salmon, 1 egg, ½ clove of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of fresh dill or 2 teaspoons of dried dill, 1 teaspoon of salt, 10 g of extra virgin coconut oil . Wash the courgettes, remove the ends, grate them with a grater or chop them in a mixer and set aside. Coarsely chop the salmon in a blender or food processor and add it to the courgettes. Add the egg, minced garlic, dill, salt and mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Divide the mixture into 6 portions and form burgers, about 1 cm high. Heat a pan with the oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
How to introduce fruits and vegetables to childrengo to the gallery
Cut a carrot in the shape of a star, create animals or smileys with fruit and vegetables: here are many creative ideas to convince children to eat fruit and vegetables, in a ...
- vegetable children
- child diet
- 3-5 children years